Saturday, February 9, 2013

ITS ALL ABOUT SALES

One of this weeks reading really stood out to me.  They were interviewing a group of highly successful entrepreneurs  and asking them the keys to success.  The number one most important thing you need to have to be successful in business is the ability to sell.  If your a doctor, your going to have to sell yourself to your patients, if your in direct sale you will have to sell to get paid.  Every profession hinges on the ability to sell.  They mentioned you must learn to read the customer, overcome objections, and problem solve during the sales process.

I have done door to door sales for 10 years and counting.  I agree 100% with the idea that selling is a skill everyone  should try to  obtain.  There is not a better feeling in the world then knocking on someones door; having them hate your guts when because your a salesmen, , then leaving there house 30 min later having been invited over for dinner the next night.  I think if you can be successful in direct sales, there isnt any other job out there you couldn't be qualified for in a round about way.  I will make sure that my children someday learn sales, because it will help them for whatever career path they choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment